Sunday, May 10, 2009

Tackling Cults and the Corporation

I have to put in a plug for my new favourite personal blog, Kevin Carson's Mutualist Blog: Free-Market Anti Capitalism. The site originally raised my interest because of arguments rather similar to my own about the hypocrisy of right-wing attacks on 'big government', and criticisms of the vulgar libertarianism of 'pot-smoking Republicans'.

An important area where he takes vulgar libertarians to task is in their blinkered obsession with 'state' power that systematically ignores the abuses of power in the private world, especially in large corporations.

From there I hit on Carson's deconstruction and withering attacks on that bible of corporate enforced conformity, Who Moved My Cheese, and something called Fish! Philosophy which as far as I'm aware hasn't made it to New Zealand yet, but sounds truly terrifying and shudder-inducing.

It's worth reading all the collection of posts and comments linked to from this page.

No comments: